Thursday 8 September 2016

My inability to use "EID Holidays"


        Starting tomorrow, it is 9 days of holidays for the celebration of Eid Al Adha here in UAE.  This is eighth such break in my 4 years of stay in Abu Dhabi; among the 8 times, it is fifth instance of 9 continuous days of holidays. So far, I could not make use of any of these holiday breaks to travel outside the country; and I could not understand the reason. The first such holiday-break has happened in the year 2013, which was just after my return from India after celebrating my daughter's birthday. So, I could not plan it well; but I have purchased the tickets and planned to visit my brother in Qatar. But still, I got to return back from the airport following a bitter experience.  

        Since then, the inability of using such holiday-breaks is continuing. Despite an important work in India, I could not use the last break in July as well. Few may not get such holiday-break and few may have financial problem. I have both, but still I could not make it for 8th consecutive time on this occasion. This will probably be my last here and so will be the Eid holidays. I may not get another such chance to travel outside this country during such breaks. Is it determined like I should be here in during festive times? However, I do not have any discomfort in spending my holidays here. Actually, it is a real gift for me concerning my thought-process and writing. But still...

The feeling that I could not spend these holidays...

No comments:

Post a Comment